Friday, October 15, 2010

Bilbo Barks!

Well, finally.  More than 24 hours after I brought Bilbo home, he barked!  I was beginning to wonder if he could.  He was snoozing in his new bed and suddenly he jumped up barking and raced through the house and into the patio.  He must have heard something he thought was a threat.  But when I told him no, he stopped barking and went back to his bed and his snooze.  So, he will be a little bit of a guard dog, although no hardened criminal would be deterred for a moment by the sound of his bark.

He follows me everywhere and settles down to nap when I spend any length of time in any one room.  He's happy to see me and ecstatic when I returned from the dumpster or getting the mail.  I haven't left him for as long as to go to the store yet but will have to do that tomorrow.  Can just imagine who happy he will be then. 

Next week, if he continues to acclimate well, we'll check in with the vet and maybe get him groomed.  He's a bit scruffy from his being lost.

His being here has lifted my spirits greatly.  It's a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Did you adopt a dog so that you'd have a proper literary subject?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete